I wanted to do something on Sunday with my husband. He suggested going to the Three Rivers Arts Festival as it was the last day. We were searching for one of the parking garages that was $5 per day when we came to a dead stop in traffic. I could see flashing police car lights ahead and suggested we just make a U turn since there was no traffic coming the other way. We drove around the block and found a garage that placed us a few extra blocks away from the festival.
Motorcycles came by with rainbow flags on them as I realized we were watching a GAY PRIDE parade.
I was watching for the entertainment value and hoped to see Pittsburgh’s own Sharon Needles, winner of this year’s RuPaul’s Drag Race, but was struck by something. Personally, as a straight person, I only pay attention to LGBT issues as they relate to Adam Lambert, even though there are several people in our extended family that are out gays and I had a friend who came out to me in the 80s. I watched large groups pass in the parade from Pittsburgh’s largest corporations and was happy for them that they had organized groups at their workplace. I think we are all evolving.
One of the coolest groups was from Ohio and they are called “THE FLAGGOTS.” I love that name. LOL They twirled and tossed flags in a very manly, aggressive way.
As we approached the festival area, there was a trailer truck with an odd shaped balloon tethered to it. A closer look revealed it was “SQUONK OPERA.” I remembered them from America’s Got Talent but didn’t know they were from Pittsburgh. As I looked for a picture, I was lead to some interesting new information. It’s always interesting where my psychic gifts take me. There may be more about this quirky group in a future blog.
We meander through the festival and see some interesting jewelry in the “EARTH & SKY JEWELRY” booth. I can’t wear much jewelry and I never wear earrings because I have a deformed left ear I don’t like to call attention to. I am lead to an odd looking pair of earrings. They are not pierced. They kind of wrap and hang on your ear. I ask about them and try on the right ear. Too bad I can’t buy just the one for the right ear. What’s cool is that they put a tiny hole in each one so you can add a pierced earring to it, opening up a world of accessorizing opportunities for me.
Hungry and thirsty we see a food vendor selling lemonade and coconut shrimp. COCONUT SHRIMP? That’s one of my favorite foods. Eddie opted for a corn dog and I couldn’t get this image out of my head. Although I didn’t try too hard. I probably would have changed my mind if they came in sizes like medium, large and “OOFTA.” I would have chosen the “OOFTA”, but you knew that. LOL
NOW FOR MY PREDICTIONS
First I’ll set the mood by watching this video again. (Click here)
First of all, my prediction from a long time ago (shortly after the Idol finale) is coming to pass.
I said that there would be a “Night With Queen Featuring Adam Lambert” and that it would be an AIDS charity event. That event, on a world stage, is taking place in Kiev on June 30, 2012. Queenbert will be joined by another one of my psychic connections, Sir Elton John. There are other concerts as well. Here is the schedule:
July 3 Moscow, Russia * Olympic Arena
July 7 Wroclaw, Poland * Wroclaw Arena
July 11, 12 & 14 London, England * Hammersmith Apollo
1. I predict during the rehearsals they will come up with a song that can be released with proceeds going to charity. This song may be one of Adam’s songs that didn’t make it onto TRESPASSING or a mash-up of an Adam song and a Queen song.
2. I predict they are having trouble picking out what songs to perform with so many iconic Queen songs to choose from. The finale will be a mega Queen medley.
3. I predict Brian May and Roger Taylor will credit Adam with coming up with the arrangement for the medley. Adam has a way of being able to tie things together.
4. I predict Adam will be wearing some cool costumes. (It’s a stretch, I know. LOL)
5. I predict the Universe will provide a way for Adam, who wants to be a solo pop artist, and QUEEN, who wants Adam Lambert to be their front man, to make both happen simultaneously.
6. I predict one of the ways to make this happen is by Queen actually selling Adam’s CDs at the concerts and promoting him in ways that come as a surprise to Adam.
7. I predict the delay in releasing TRESPASSING in the UK is due to this. Brian and Roger are creating a buzz so that when Adam performs with them, everyone will be clamoring to get his new CD. This will result in TRESPASSING debuting at #1.
8. I predict that Queen, although retired from touring, has found inspiration from Adam Lambert. They now see a way to get their music and artistry to a whole new generation. They will select ten to twenty cities with large arenas around the world and spread the dates out over a year. Pittsburgh will be one of the cities. (Remember I can’t always tell the difference between a psychic thought and wishful thinking.)
9. I am on record as saying “Adam will do for gay artists what Motown did for blacks” and that “Adam, as a trailblazer, will change the way we listen to and buy music.” I predict Adam, along with some friends in the LGBT community, will start their own record label. It will be for LGBT artists as well as artists who make the kind of music that gays like or are in general a friend and supporter of the LGBT community.